December 14, 2004
Sorry it's been so long since I've updated ...


... but the difference between one coat of joint compound and three coats
just doesn't come across in digital pictures!



I started applying primer to the east wall and a strip of the ceiling at 5 p.m. on Tuesday.





Across the room, Bob has parged the brick walls exposed during demolition.
He's also framed in the small closet which houses the water shutoff and meter,
and opened the sheetrock on the other side of the wall (in the bathroom) to give access.




A quarter turn to the right (north) shows the refrigerator alcove.


 
  A wider shot shows the primed cabinet wall and opening to front room.




Turning further to the right, the toe-kick heater is visible on the floor, and the ceiling has been
painted out past the recessed lights (so we don't have to worry about
slopping on the cabinets once they're installed.)





Even on the job site, Bob has the holiday spirit --
he's trimmed the telephone with a lovely blinking tree-topper.





Here's a sample of the vinyl flooring, with a sample door of the cabinets (wood & finish, not style)
and the paint chip of Benjamin Moore "butte rock" (AC-08) from the American Colors collection.





I used the magical paint from Glidden that goes on pink but dries white
to make sure I didn't miss any spots.





Finally, at about 8 p.m., Eric got home from work and grabbed a roller.





At about 9:30 p.m., we were almost done
with the first coat of paint in the new kitchen!





And at 10:30 p.m., we were done with touchup and cleanup.
~~~
Ten hours later, the crew from Builder's Kitchens
will start unloading cabinets into the back yard.
~~~
Unfortunately, I have the Preservation League's holiday party on Wednesday afternoon,
then the Center Square Association's holiday party that evening,
and then we're having dinner with some of our neighbors ...
so I won't get to see the cabinets uncrated and in the house until Wednesday night.
I'm on pins and needles!!!

Back          Home          Next